MR Intelligent Transportation System will include Complete Transport operational control system including; Driver Advisory & Emergency Assistance (DAS), Passenger information & Announcement system (PIS/PAS), Automatic vehicle location system (AVL) , Security camera network system (SCN), Vehicle health monitoring and diagnostics (VHMD) & Automatic Fare collection system for On-board and Wayside applications. In future this will be extended to facilitate Vehicle to Infrastructure(V2I) communication, Vehicle to Vehicle(V2V) communication. This platform is completely cost optimised for techno commercial viability to suit India and Asia countries market.
MR GREEN Intelligent Transportation solutions are platform-based complete ITS & Operation Control Centers for Green Transport Projects including; Passenger information system (PIS), Automatic vehicle location system (AVL) , Security camera network system (SCN), Vehicle health monitoring and diagnostics (VHMD) & AFC for On-board pole mounted ticketing machines.
The directive of the European Union 2010/40/EU, made on July 7, 2010, defined ITS as systems in which information and communication technologies are applied in the field of road transport, including infrastructure, vehicles and users and in traffic management and mobility management, as well as for interfaces with other modes of transport.
Though 20th century has been called the age of motorization, there are still some problems to be solved remaining. One is to clear up traffic congestion being said that the amount of a loss in a year is about twelve trillion of yen.
The second is to cut down at least one of more than ten thousand on traffic fatalities. The third is to decrease deterioration of environment like CO2 and NOX. In order to get an answer to these problems, MR ITS will be great solution for India and Other Asian countries.
What has been given as the purpose of ITS are to build person and road and vehicle into uninterrupted system, and to work for drastic improvement in safety, transport efficiency, amenity, by using cutting-edge information and communication technique. And also to help in environment protection through making traffic smooth by abatement of the traffic jam.
Plattform for Intelligent Transport Solutions
- A design support system is prepared that uses transportation demand analysis and simulation for planning.
- Smart operation control is implemented that has high resistance to environmental conditions while operating.
- Through coordination with map data, simulation results can be superimposed on a map.
Transportation Conditions Sensing for Traffic Control System
- Transportation conditions such as traffic density and parked cars are sensed, and traffic congestion forecast information is provided. With stereo image vehicle sensing using the vehicle mounted onboard, transportation conditions are sensed in real-time.
- Makes use of the highly detailed information on the road space from the image probe mounted in the moving bus to provide a high precision traffic congestion estimation map.
MR ITS are designed for the urban / state / private road transport organizations (public and private RTCs). The system consists of a backend and a hardware component to provide an integrated solution
Solution: Intelligent Transport System (ITS) facilitates better public transport services by considering the bus earnings, public safety and security.
It consist of Vehicle Onboard Controller (VOC) unit: VOC is a hardware device having Wi-Fi, GSM / GPRS, RS232, RS 485, USB, CAN BUS host interfaces, Digital IO, Analog IO for communication and interfacing with other devices such as LED display boards, GPS, Electronic ticketing machines, CAN bus, etc. It includes competent Vehicle heath monitoring and Driver Machine Interface (DMI) units.
Vehicle Tracking System: The Vehicle Tracking System (VTS) is integrated with the VOC & DMI unit to get the vehicle positioning data along with other information such as driver, route and stages. Provides Real-Time location information to Passengers through Audio & Visual systems to reach their destination safely.
Passenger Information & Announcement system: A Passenger Information System (PIS/PAS) consists of a VOC application which controls LED display boards fitted in the bus.
MR- Intelligent Transportation –Bus Arrival & Departure Information Systems (BADIS)
- Bus Arrival & Departure Information Systems (BADIS) are one of the key elements of Bus traffic management systems. BADIS will consist of electronic variable displays Integrated with OCC as part of MR ITS. These are installed at Bus queue shelters across the bus network operational routes that would display ETA of all buses touching the bus shelters.
- The commuters will also be able to access the services through short message and interactive voice response systems. The commuters will get information about the arrival and departure of buses through a mobile application and internet.
Electronic Ticketing Machine
An Electronic Ticking Machine (ETM) is a hardware device capable of issuing passenger tickets and sending the ticket data over serial and GPRS interfaces. It is capable of automatic fare collection (AFC) using smartcards and recharging the smart cards. All these transactions will be stored on the ETM itself which are uploaded directly to the PC based application or on the driver console unit over a serial interface.
Ground Booking Terminal
Ground booking terminal (GBT) for conductor-less buses, is an optional feature that can be used for issuing the tickets using ATM cards. It also acts as a query terminal to obtain information such as: buses between two stops, information about the nearby important places (bank ATM, Mall, historical places, etc) on the map.
MR- Intelligent Transportation –Future Vehicle Infrastructure Integration
Original vision for Vehicle Infrastructure Integration (VII): Dramatic safety improvements & Promise of revolutionary mobility improvements
- Achieved through wireless communication with & between vehicles
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) communications promised dramatic safety gains
- But, it would take 15-20 years for fleet turnover to realize big benefits
- Infrastructure deployment thru vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) was a way to get benefits more quickly.
- Both V2V and V2I required a DSRC radio @5.9GHz in the vehicle and infrastructure
- Safety messages only used part of the bandwidth. Other applications – mobility & convenience – could also be accommodated with the same DSRC radio.
AKULA TAPAMANA :
Buses Air-conditioning fuel consumption (Diesel OR Electricity) will be significant in operations and even higher consumption in city traffics & hotter climates. By adapting our AKULA TAPAMANA technologies as alternative methods can bring significant cost benefits and environmental advantages. And even our solution will provide additional power (Auxiliary / Traction) to Buses.
24 hours uninterruptable reliable power for Green Transport Infrastructure solutions please refer MR-Green Energy Platform solutions ( create Link to Green Energy main page)